Sunday, January 16, 2011

The project that started it all!

Back in November when I first started this blog (link to post here - November 16, 2010), I forget to mention the very first project that got me back into sewing.  I made this beautiful Petal Dress for my niece's new baby girl:


The pattern didn't come with matching panties, so of course I had to make them - every well-dressed baby needs them!  It was fully lined so I modified the neckline and made the dress reversible.  I used fabric yo-yos instead of buttons to make it softer for baby (with velcro to actually close it):


And of course, a matching hat (also reversible)!



Hopefully, it will fit next summer when she is a year old (yes, I was a little slow getting this done but now that I have a proper sewing room, I hope to do better!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!