Just a bit of mending makes for a very boring report. I've decided that I don't like the setup in my new sewing room so today I'm tearing it apart and starting over.
I made this pillowcase for Zoey at Christmas (her Gramma Goodie Bag), and before I could give it to her, my Daisy dog ate a hole in it about the size of a quarter. She used that hole to get at the chocolate inside and managed to open every package through that tiny hole! (She was fine afterwards, by the way). I finally got around to fixing it this week by fusing the hole shut and adding a triple pocket that she can put her Frozen dolls in.
Then I made another mini-design board (a la Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet):
I'm going to make a few more, then I'll show you what I'm going to with my collection!
So, only a quarter metre out, but at least it's something.
Added Year to Date: 0 metres
Used/Given away: .25 metres
Used/Given away Year to Date: 15.5 metres
Added for 2015: -15.5 metres
I found my mom's cow bell when I was unpacking and hung it on the sewing room door handle. This hung for many years on my mom's sewing room door to warn her if one of the grandchildren was going where they shouldn't and I thought I should carry on the tradition!
I have ho idea where she got it, most likely at a garage sale (she loved to go garage saleing!)
And I got a new "TV" for my bedroom armoire!
Alex decided I needed one since I haven't replaced the old one!
I've been feeling out of sorts with the chaos in my sewing room, so I need to set some small goals to help me get back on track. I also need to make some serious headway on clearing out the UFOs and WIPs, before I start too many more.
I like the way Barbara of Cat Patches does hers monthly with goals and bonus points ;o), so I'm going to give that a shot!
Flimsies and Quilting
1. This Super Mario Quilt is my number one priority. It's a gift for my sister's oldest grandson and has been languishing for far too long.
I have 3 of 6 blocks done (I made mine larger than Angela's) and the 4th is half-way finished, so I should be able to finish it this month. I made him this pillowcase and he already has that, so I really want to get this in his hands soon.
2. This quilt is a house-warming gift for a friend - again, long overdue. It is basted and ready for quilting. I finally decided to quit waiting for my FMQ skills to improve and just go for it!
WIPs (Works in Progress)
4. About a month before my niece was due with her first child, I realized I didn't have a boy quilt ready. I had a girl one almost finished, but as she didn't know the gender, I figured I should have a second one at least started. I've had this Debbie Mumm Noah's Ark fabric for about 15 years, and have always wanted to do a medallion quilt, so I got a good start on it.
I got it as far as this before Baby Eloise made her arrival! I've decided to keep at it, and use it to practice some new techniques. First up, I have to design some cornerstones for this round, because I don't like the way these borders finished up. I'll share more about how I got this far later this week!
Leaders and Enders
4. As I work on the above projects, I will focus on my Grand Illusion quilt pieces.
I still haven't finished Step 1! (Pardon the poor colours)
This free Bonnie Hunter is about to be retired for future publishing, so if you haven't already downloaded it, you might want to check it out!
5. Just for fun, and like Barbara, if I get bored or actually finish all the above projects, I'll dig through my UFOs each month and try to get through them.
Check in around the 1st of June to see if this helped me progress just a little.