Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The $4 Design Wall that Almost Was!

My do-it-yourself project today was a Design Wall - I failed:


I've never had a design wall, but seeing them all over the blog world made me decide I would like one.  For a trial, I picked up this flannel-backed plastic tablecloth in the clearance bin for $3 and with a hank of velcro from the dollar store, I set about making one.  I don't have a blank wall in my 12x12 room so I put self-adhesive velcro dots along the top edge of my shelves, then set about stitching the velcro on to the tablecloth.  Being frugal, I thought to myself:  "Self, let's sew the fuzzy side of the velcro on to the back of the tablecloth so someday if I want to use this fugly plastic tablecloth, I can."  As you can see, I didn't really think that through!

At that point, I gave up for awhile and went outside with my sweetie and played in the snow!  He learned the pleasures of throwing snow.


Daisy had a wonderful time too, she looked like a rabbit hopping through the foot-deep snow, with her ears flying:







If dogs could smile!




1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! Alex is precious and your little Daisy looks like she is smiling. How funny is that! We got some snow too but nothing like this. Have fun and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!