Nothing in again, but some significant yardage out! I got rid of a minimum of 10 metres out (acutally more, but I quit measuring), mostly flannel and minkee I've been
saving hoarding to make rag quilts. I know I will never get them done, so off to my sister the bags went, with more to go.
Added: 0 metres
Added Year to Date: 0 metres
Destashed: 10 metres
Destashed year to Date: 12 metres
Added for 2015: -12.0 metres
Not a whole lot of sewing has been going on around here. I have set up a temporary sewing station this weekend, because it's been driving me crazy not to have a spot as my sewing room is torn apart. As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to get caught up on my Project of Doom blocks.
(The toys from the spare room need to be sent to my other daughter's or will end up in Alex's bedroom.)
I am in the process of downsizing my living area by half. My daughter, her husband and son are tired of living in a townhouse, and I was considering selling and buying something smaller and easier to maintain, so originally I thought we might trade homes, but they have a lot of stairs and I know in a few years, my knees would hate me. They then came up with the idea of splitting my house and making an up-and-down duplex! I love it because I love my neighbourhood, but will have help with the expenses and maintenance of my home. And a single person certainly doesn't need 4 bedrooms and a separate rec room. What we each lose in square footage will be offset by them gaining a yard (almost 1/5 acre), babysitting, for me, the security of having others in the home as I get older, help with the yard work and we will definitely save money.
And as far as getting along, we have shared my home in the past when they were saving to buy the townhouse. They lived here for 1 1/2 years, and their son was born while they were here. He is now 6 and is so excited to be moving to Gramma's house!
Now I have to move my sewing room to the upstairs spare room, plus add my scrapbooking supplies to it. The room is basically the same size but configured differently, so I am going through everything and getting rid of a lot!
So this is the old room - I've already moved a large IKEA Expedit shelf upstairs, so this is mess I haven't been able to work in.
I had to keep the spare bed up until this weekend, but now I can take it down. It was mainly for the grandkids when they slept over, and now the other grandkids will be able to sleep in Alex's room when they have an overnight visit.
This new room has a bigger closet with an organizer system so that will go a long way to help hide the stuff!
Hopefully, by next weekend, I'll have it put to rights and all will be back to normal! In the meantime, I need to add to these...
I'm saving the final trimming for when I have the blocks ready to put together, so if I've skimped a little I have some fudging room.
Linking up to Judy's Stash Report linky party - see what else others are up to with their stash.