Saturday, December 22, 2012

Almost done sewing for Christmas!

 
I'm getting closer!  Today I found the perfect finish for the curtains I made Zoey.
 
 
 
Pardon the colour - it is getting late!  I was looking for dragonfly buttons but had no luck - then I found these in the dollar store:
 
 
 
Plastic rings for childrens' birthday goodie bags - all I had to do was slip them on the tab tassels and voila!  A cute finish - and all my daughter has to do is slip them off for washing.
 
 
Then I made a little bonus that I'm going to deliver tomorrow.  My daughter found an adorable rocking chair with an attached cradle at a garage sale and has painted it white for Zoey for Christmas.  I whipped up a mattress and pillow:
 
 
I was challenged by the sloping sides of the cradle but with careful marking and an electic knife, I was able to cut the perfect size mattress.  I used the leftovers from the backing of her quilt to cover it, then made a muslin pillow.  I'm saving the little pillowcase to add to this gift from me Christmas morning.
 
 
Also pieced from scraps is the back:
 
 
She's starting to play with dolls, so I'm sure she will be thrilled!
 
Once I'm finished quilting this I only have one small thing left to make for Christmas!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!