Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy Street - not much progress since the reveal!

Here is what I have done so far!


 Alex loves to help me layout blocks!

I had a slow-down in my progress after making up the corner triangle and 1 setting triangle from Step #7.  I really want this quilt to go to my daughter and her husband, but the final result ended up more aqua (Bonnie's lime) than purple liked I had hoped. But sometimes that's the trouble when you try to change around colours on a mystery quilt! If it was for me, it wouldn't have been a problem, I love aqua.




I found some lighter purples in my stash and made up another corner.  I was starting to feel like Goldilocks - they were too light.


I bought  more medium purples to substitute and made up some sample blocks and my daughter loves the result - so my Easy Street is dark purple, medium purple and lime - no aqua to be found!


And this is Alex's vision of the quilt so far! I think it would be a little hard to quilt ;o)






10 comments:

  1. I love the your purple Easy Street! My Easy Street is a bit too yellow, but that happens at a mystery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purple, so your photo on Bonnie's linky page immediately caught my eye. Very pretty. The aqua was pretty, too, but if the recipient likes purple, your final version is a winner!
    I don't start the mystery until after the reveal and I still had problems with my colors and had to make a switch. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purple - wish I had thought of that! Looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purple looks lovely, you have really made it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colors! It is hard to change up the colors in a mystery because you never know what you will end up with....that's why I stayed with Bonnie's colors....but then I LOVE those colors!

    Gorgeous quilt, and I adore your helper! It would definitely be a challenge to quilt like that, but what fun he had!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, this is lovely. Nice work!

    I found you through a comment on Fabric Therapy re a good quilt shop. It might be a bit farther than you would like, but have you tried the Fabric Depot in Portland? Not as huge as the Door Mouse, but great prices and a large selection of quality fabrics. I've shopped there several times (live in AB)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri love, love your colors. This is going to make a gorgeous quilt .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, I think Alex's layout is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!