Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring has sprung where I live!

 
Although I originally come from Ontario, Canada, I am so grateful my parents made the decision to retire on the West Coast.  I affectionately refer to it as the Wet Coast due to the amount of rain we get, but I honestly feel I live in the most beautiful place!  And that is no truer than this year, where we are having the warmest, sunniest March in 30 years.
 
 
Blue skies have been around for a week now, and are expected to last at least through the Easter weekend!
 
The bald eagles have arrived for the salmon run!  Here in the Fraser Valley we have one of the largest congregation of bald eagles every spring.  On my way home from work last night, there were seven or eight flying over my car, so I followed down a dirt road to see more roosting in the trees.  I'm sure glad my phone has a great camera.  Even the zoom function was better than my first digital camera 10 years ago.
 
 
Where else can you ski and golf on the same day?  This is my view on the way home from work (here I'm only 5 minutes away from my house)
 
 
And on my way in!  I live in a community nestled at the foot of the Cascade mountain range, the same range that follows the coast of Washington and Oregon states, through to Northern California, but I can drive on the flat roads of the Fraser River valley and the temperatures are quite moderate due to the influence of the ocean less than 100 kms west (60 miles).
 
 
 
I get to see mountains from every window in my house, and from my back deck, where I am enjoying the sunshine today.
 
 

 
 
And my garden is starting to bloom!
 
Of course, not every spring is like this and even if it is, we can still go from this:
 
 
April 14, 2011
 
to this overnight!
 
 
April 15, 2011
 
How is your spring shaping up?
 
Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend, however you may celebrate it!
 
(This post is part of a series Project 365. Day 4 - Be more grateful and be more impulsive! For more, see here) 
 


2 comments:

  1. Sigh. I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to be back up there. I miss the snowy mountain views in the spring! Our grass is still brown, our land is still flat. Next spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowy mountain views are so pretty! Our autumn temperature are starting to cool down -- most of the Easter weekend will be 75-80*!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!