Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy National Quilting Day!

 

 
Going back to work full-time has been a big adjustment, it's been years since I've worked more than 4 days a week.  It's amazing how much that extra day of work takes away from getting things done at home.  Not a lot has happened on the sewing front, but I have been working on some cross-stitch Christmas stockings for the kidlets.
 
But I still want to celebrate National Quilting Day so the plan of attack has been drawn up!
 
Today, my family is coming for dinner to celebrate two birthdays (my youngest daughter (28) and mine) so I'm going to try and sandwich a couple of hours of sewing this afternoon after I:
 
- get the housework done
- get the laundry started
- throw on a batch of Crockpot Lasagna
 
After they all leave, I want to sew late into the night with The Quilt Show keeping me company. Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims are opening up free access to over 140 of their shows from their website through to tomorrow, with lots of great prizes.  (Personally I hope to win the box of RJR Fabric's Fat Quarters, valued at $450 US.)
 
So...how will you celebrate?

 

 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!