Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Stash Report, Week #39

Making a list of what I need to accomplish before Christmas has help tremendously!  Now I have focus when I go in that room and getting things done.  I had a big finish this week - Zoey's quilt top:

 
 
 I also made a doll quilt from the scraps:




Used this Week:  7.25 metres
Used year to Date: 88.5 metres
Added this Week: 0 metres
Added Year to Date: 88.5 metres
Net Used for 2012: 0 metres

Nothing new added this week, so I've broken even for the year!  Once I finish all the Christmas projects, and start Bonnie Hunter's 2012 Mystery Quilt, those used numbers are really going to start go up and I should finish the year a little lighter!
 
Zoey's quilt needed to fit a twin bed, and I usually only do lap-size when I use a printed panel, so figuring out borders was a bit of a challenge.  I was going to attempt a pieced border but at 11" wide, I quickly ruled that out.  I decided on a narrow purple, and a wide aqua, then added large prairie points to break up the expanse of aqua.

 
 

I have to buy 3 more metres of the aqua to finish the curtains, and I'm working on the pillowcases today (with a birthday party in between). I'm using a coordinating border print for the edge, which means the typical pillowcase construction won't work.  I'm taking pictures as I go along, so I can do a tutorial.

While I was uploading the pictures, I found this one on my camera! 

 
I guess he's moved from scissors to cameras!  At least he didn't hurt anything this time.

3 comments:

  1. The prairie points add a nice touch to the border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to get me some panels - that is one sweet quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the borders you added to the panel. It's going to look lovely on the bed, with all those prairie points.

    ReplyDelete