Thursday, November 5, 2020

15 minutes a day...

 I need to get my mojo back, so yesterday I committed to myself to do something sewing related for 15 minutes every day.  After work and dinner, I settled down with this quilt and worked on the binding.



I managed to get the same brown fabric (albeit in a flannel) to make a 2" binding. It has been attached for months now, and been a object of guilt for a while now. I don't now why, because I'm the recipient for a change!

It started out as a Thangles block-of-the-month for the centre of the star blocks. There wasn't enough contrast between the two fabrics, so the centres look more like mush. 


I love the overall colours though, and the mint flannel backing so this one is destined to go on my bed in the spring. One day I hope to have a quilt for each season!

Of course, 15 minutes turned into 1 1/2 hours so I was able to get one side sewn down. Of course today, I remembered about flanged bindings - realizing if I had made one, I could have sewn the binding down by machine long ago!  Oh well - next time.

PS: It turns out I don't using Thangles so they are going into a giveaway box, to be dealt with at a later date.

15 minutes goal: 1 day out of 1    Total time: 1.5 hours

Ciao,

Terri




1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!