Saturday, January 26, 2019

Scraphappy Saturday!

Today is the last Saturday of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I finally feel like I am getting my groove back.  First, I had to find my room! It had become a dumping ground long before Christmas, and I only had enough room to sew some of those last minute finishes. More on that in an upcoming post!

Last week, I finally was able to start tackling my scraps. I thought this was all I was going to accomplish for the month:



Garlic Knots by Bonnie Hunter (not a free patern)

But then my best friend gifted me with her leftovers from a project, which just happened to include red (we have a deal - she agreed not to throw out her scraps, and I'll let her pick through my stash when she needs something):


And this morning I started cutting down the smaller pieces to fit in my scrap-user's system, and made one more block (in just 15 minutes!)


Then I filed everything away in my scrappy block box. I call it Crummy Monday because I used to tackle all my scraps created in a week on a Monday night, a habit I'd like to get back in to.


After adding my new blocks, I decided to document the progress I've made so far:












Polaroid Blocks - I'm not sure who started this trend, but here is a link to a great tutorial that demonstrates the way I make them when I have a lot of blocks to do.

 I'm also committing to posting more, for my own benefit. Here are some future posts I have planned:

What I can accomplish is just 15 minutes


How to "make" money when cleaning your scraproom






Table runner made with leftover blocks (a quick tutorial)







 Have a great week,

         Terri in BC


2 comments:

  1. What a busy week. How lovely to have so many new scraps to play with

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEW much productivity in RED!!! I really like ALL of your blocks. Too bad I don't have any extra quilting time stashed in the studio!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!