Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Stash Report, Week 27

Well, that didn't last long!  I managed to blog 3 days in a row, but missed the last two.  The good part is I was able to spend time with friends, and do a bit of sewing, all while nursing a sore back, so at least it wasn't laziness that stopped me.
 
I even managed to get a finish in - the scraps that keep on giving:

 
 
This little table runner is the fifth project I have made from my Pure by Sweetwater fabrics, proving a small amount of fabric can go a long way.  (I started with a Layer Cake, 2 charm squares packs, a small fat 1/8th bundle and 2 yards Bella Natural - to see what else I made, click here and here)

As my leftover pinwheels didn't spin the same way, I had to play around with a setting that worked - I love the result.

I also practiced some free-motion quilting:

 
I don't think I hit a single registration mark, but I like the result.  Tonight, binding!
 
 
Added this Week: 0 metres

 Added Year to Date: 64.1 metres 
 
Destashed this Week: 1.45 metres

 Destashed year to Date: 24.0 metres
 Added for 2014: 41.55 metres
 
Total spent  YTD $294.20 = $4.59/metre

I haven't posted a Sunday Stash for a while, so I have to include the yardage for this cute little Princess apron (the first of many, I suspect) - you can read more about it here.  I'm working on a generic pattern and variations, and my granddaughter makes the best model ever!


 
I don't have any other finishes yet, but I'm working on quilting through the pile of flimsies:

 
 working through the scraps:

 
 and (bad me) started a new project!

 
The start of 4 Nested churn dash blocks.  I had just enough of the Forest Fantasy fabric left to fussy cut 4 1/2" blocks for the centre (instead of tiny churn dash blocks), and two 2 1/2" blocks to add to my Polaroid block collection.
 
 Now that I have my mojo back, here's hoping for a summer of finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!