Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Stash Report, Week #44 - and a winner for my giveaway!

 
First up, I'd like to thank everyone for reading and commenting on my last post!  Unfortunately, life got in the way and I wasn't able to reply to everyone nor even do the draw last week like I was supposed.  On a positive note, I got through those bags of fabric (it was a great stress reliever!) and have 5 + yards of 6" strips to give away to:
 
 
 
 
#10 - Debbie. 
 
I hope you are reading, Debbie, because you don't have a reply-email set up.  I'll wait until Wednesday, then draw another number if I don't hear from you.
 
And today, I assembled the remaining rows of Easy Street:
 
 
This quilt is assembled on the diagonal - the longest row is over 12 feet long! 
 
 
Most people use quilt racks to display quilts - me, I use them to assemble all my pieces on! Here are all eleven rows and two corner pieces ready to go.
 
 
And here it is!  All sewn up and ready to go to the long-arm quilter's.  I have draped it over the kidlets' bunk bed, what you can't see is two more rows at the top.  This quilt is huge!  I'm keeping it here until I can drop it off, no wrinkles that way.
 
(Sorry for the washed-out colours, but our winter rains have started and it's hard to get a good shot. The colours in the middle picture are the closest to actual.)
 
Now, a drumroll please.... this is 20 yards out!  Talk about making a major dent in my numbers.  Adding in the 5 yards of my giveaway and that is more than half of my used total for the year.  Nice to see some progress, finally.
 
Added since my last report: 0 metres

Added Year-to-Date: 200 metres
 
Used since last report: 25 metres
 
Used Year-to-Date: 69.5 metres

 
Net used/Added for 2013: 130.5 metres
 
It's been roughly three years since I discovered quilting blogs, and one of the first sites I can across when I was trying to deal with my scraps was Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville.  I became a firm believer in her Scrap-User's System and started using Leaders and Enders for all my sewing.  Mostly, I use parts from various stages of one quilt project (for example, when working on a mystery quilt such as Easy Street, as soon as Bonnie released Week Two's clue, I would start that one, and use Week One as my Leader and Ender).  But when I didn't have any parts on hand, I would reach into a small bucket of 2" squares and assemble 4-patches.
 
 
I got a lot of 4-patches done while I was making Easy Street!  In fact, I have enough to finish what I call my first Bonnie Hunter project.
 
 
This is where I left off the last time I emptied the bucket.  The center square is 16x16 1.5" squares, with a 1.5" white sashing, then a ring of 1.5" squares, 8 squares high.  Maybe I'll get this one done next week! Other projects call, and Christmas is fast approaching.
 
Thanks for visiting,
Terri in BC
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used for your Easy Street! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri,
    We met yesterday in the "Wack"! Love the colours in your Easy Street.
    QuiltinGram
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy! Glad to have you aboard - we'll have to meet for coffee one day!

    ReplyDelete