Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Stash Report, Week 33

I've had a very busy couple of weeks sewing, celebrating my brother and his wife's 50th birthdays, wrapping up my office job (Yay, I'm back to working from home!) and dealing with a case of vertigo for the last week.  But even with all of that, I still managed a finish or two!

Used this Week:  3.75 metres
Used year to Date: 73.25 metres
Added this Week: 11.1 metres
Added Year to Date: 67 metres
Net Used for 2012: 6.25 metres
I used up about 1.5 metres and the last of my Pure for an adorable baby quilt:


I finished my entry for the Bowls with Borders Blog Hop:

More about that here!

All in all I moved out about 2.5 metres of scraps, and 1.25 of Minkee that I had to buy for the baby quilt.  I also used up some piping that came from my mother's stash that I inherited!

Of course, all this sewing means ideas were running through my head, and I had to hit my favourite quilt shop, Hamels Fabrics, and take a run to Bellingham, WA.

I got 2 layer cakes - Sew, Mama, Sew by Sweetwater and Pezzy Prints (total 5 metres - did you know there was that much fabric in a layer cake?) - nothing planned with those yet.



The map fabric (0.6 m) came from Joann in the states - Alex and Zoey love to look at an old children's atlas that I kept from when mine were little, but I figured I should get something current since the USSR no longer exists! Alex insisted I show his two favourite countries for the picture, Canada and New Zealand.  Why those? That's where his Gramma (me in Canada) and Nan and Grandad (in NZ) live!




I also picked up 2.5 metres of Aqua Bella Solid at Hamels for borders for Zoey's big bed quilt (enough for trim on the curtains, and leftovers for the stash, of course.



I also got enough (3 m) of the coordinating Dragonfly print to make curtains for her room at Fabricland at 50% off!  That's a total of 11.2 metres - yikes! I have made a new rule for myself - no more fabric until two more UFO projects are finished

And I picked this handy tool up.


I thought it would self-stick to my machine, but it does have to be taped down.  I hope it will help with my flying geese - I really hate marking all those things.


PS:  I never showed the finished quilts for my brother and his wife - they were very well-received and put to use that night out on the deck!



Happy 50th, B & A!  Welcome to the downhill side!

2 comments:

  1. There is no way those two are celebrating their 50th- unless you mean years old. Not anniverary. The quilts are great looking. Boy it looks like you had fun buying all those beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!