Sunday, April 25, 2021

What have I been up to?

Well, I'm still plugging along, slowly making progress.

I have completed the binding on this quilt. The weather hasn't been contusive to getting a shot of it finished, so this will have to do for now. Right now, it's on my bed but will eventually be for the new sofa bed. 



The quilting was done by Maple Leaf Quilting Company in Cochrane, AB. They are my preferred quilter now that my original one has retired. They include the price of two-way shipping, thread AND the batting in their quotes, so no surprises!


This was a Thangles block-of-the-month project, but the contrast wasn't great and the blocks lost their definition. I still love the colours though and discovered I don't like the Thangles approach to half-square triangles so I have my numerous packages in my purge pile (will probably sell on a Facebook group for Canadian quilters). 

I was working on step 8 of Bonnie Hunter's pattern, On Ringo Lake, but put it away for now. We are getting new windows and everything has to be moved away from the windows throughout the house! Good time for purging though.

In the meantime, I have started a new crochet project. I got back into it last year making scarves, but I kept seeing a pretty kit on my Facebook feed, so I broke down and ordered it. It's from Annie's, a well-known craft company, and I am impressed with the quality of the yarn. It isn't cheap, especially in Canada, but I don't have any vices, so what the heck!


I've finished the centre diamond medallion and I've just received Kit 2, so I'm starting on the 4 corners of that piece. This has been fun so far, and introduced me to some new stitches and techniques I haven't done before, so I'm quite enjoying the challenge. The website has videos as well, so that has been a help. If you are interested, here is the link to Annie's Kit Club (unfortunately, the only way to get the pattern)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!