Monday, November 4, 2019

November goals

Some sewing happened in the last two months, but it was mostly filled with studying and a cruise to Hawai'i (more about that in another post). Tomorrow is my exam and then I can get back to the sewing room. Maybe then I can restart my personal 30 days of blogging challenge (what a stupid time I picked last time).

Goals for November:

Finish:
- Placemats for Nancy (my oldest friend)
- Row-by-row river landscape for Vicki (my sister)
- 5 mini Bionic Gear Bags for the grands

Start:
- a periodic table quilt with my grandson (his request) - he even offered me $10 to help pay for fabric (which I wouldn't take)
- Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt (day after American Thanksgiving)

Make:
- pyjamas for the grands

Leader and Enders:
- Moda's Christmas 1968 quilt using Riley Blake Bliss fabric
- Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake

Whew, that's not all of it - but those are the priorities before I have to start studying my next course. Both are work-related, in the field of investments (Exempt Market Products and Compliance Officer), and once done, I have secured my position until retirement in the next 3-5 years or so. It feels good to know that I can make those plans - after my divorce, I had two babies to raise and no college education, so my prospects of retirement before 85 seemed bleak. Even if it isn't Freedom 55, to be able to say I can retire by age 63 feels pretty good (not that I plan to do it before 65, but to know I can feels very freeing.)

Let's hope I can post regularly - it motivates me to do more!


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!