I got a kick-start in mid-September while I was recovering from surgery for a gallbladder removal. It is the only surgery I can remember having in my life (I did have my tonsils at 5) but based on my observations of others who have had surgery, I came through with flying colours. I was home 5 hours after the surgery, even though they had to do a larger incision because of size of the gallstones. I was pretty much pain-free with a few days. So of course, I busted out the sewing machine!!
With 100 days left until Christmas (that was two weeks ago!), I decided to get some I-spy quilts out of the way first. I make these for the littles in my family, and a few other select people. Here's some links to other pages where I have talked about them: Brayden's I-Spy, Zoey's I-Spy.
I like to personalize each one's I-Spy with a block that has their first initial in it.
So hopefully next week I can report successfully sewing 7 out of 7 days.
I'm pretty much done making these simple quilts, as I have made one for each of my sister, brother and my grandchildren (all 10 of them)! I have a huge stash of novelty prints still, as each one uses 99 individual blocs, and a fat quarter yields 20 5" squares (if using a Canadian fat quarter). I plan to make up a couple of packs of 99 blocks (just in case) and destash the rest eventually. I have a destash pile started.