Sunday, August 26, 2018

Decluttering and destashing

I've had a rough summer, I've had a series of gallbladder attacks and I'm now slated for surgery on Sept. 5th. It means I've been moving a little slower and with no motivation all summer, I haven't got much done other than show up at my full-time job.

I have done some puttering and rearranging, so I've been decluttering the main living area of my home. I donate to Diabetes Canada (as my grandson is a Type 1 diabetic, this charity speaks to my heart) and just this weekend, I have a couple more bags and boxes ready to go for the next pickup. They make it so easy to donate, you just have to schedule a pickup at your home. Here's a link if you live in Canada https://declutter.diabetes.ca/pickup

Now I'm ready to start in my sewing room. I'm still working on my UFO list, and I'm going to have to live to 100 to complete them all! I'm evaluating each one, and rethinking how I'm going to finish each one. Some may become baby or toddler quilts, some wall hangings, other pillows, and others may just go. There will be some handmade Christmas gifts this year, and hopefully a stash of other gifts to use for birthdays, etc.

I'm also going to get rid of some fabric. My tastes have changed, and I have more than enough fabric to last me a lifetime, so I'm putting some packages together to sell once I've recovered from surgery. I'll most likely sell it in one of the Facebook groups.

Here's hoping my plans don't go awry once again.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your surgery has gone well and that you are healing well. I know the feeling of too much stash, I admire your ability to send some of it on into the world. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!