Monday, November 2, 2015

Depression sucks...

Every since getting a layoff notice on July 15th, my emotions have been on a whirlwind.  3 1/2 months later, I am still working at the same place with no idea how much longer I will be here. My anxiety is through the roof. I have put out numerous resumes, but sadly no phone calls.
 
Hence I am starting a new 5, 10, 15 plan.
 
5 minutes to plan my day (so that I don't waste it away wallowing)
10 minutes of some much needed exercise (even that is an effort right now)
15 minutes doing something I enjoy (sewing or scrapbooking)
 
If I can manage to do these 3 things daily, I tend to do more, but I'm not putting pressure on myself, that only defeats the purpose. (i'm not even putting housework on the list. that only depresses me more....)
 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, 5,10 and 15 min plans sounds like a good plan for me. I have been laid off twice before and it is never fun and creates a very depressing work environment. Look after yourself and your workmates. Keep sending resumes out, I know it seems like a fruitless task but you need to put the word out that you are looking. Write yourself a list of the fun things you want to do when you do finish up at work - eg sewing. Having the time to sew what you like is a bonus, but no money to buy the wadding etc can be a downer, so if you plan which WIP you are going to tackle, at least you have priorities them in your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue. It's helpful to hear what others do to combat the depression and lack of motivation. So far, I have only manage the planning part (for 3 days), now to get up off the couch and do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!