Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Stash Report 2015, Week 34

 
Although it probably wasn't the best timing, I took a week off and went to Alberta! Now that I'm back, I have to put all my efforts into job-hunting once again.  I think it's time to find my bliss...
 
While traveling, I made a few stops to pick up some Row-by-Row patterns:
 

 
From Chinook Fabrics in High River, Alberta
 
   My best friend, Nancy and I have been friends since just after high school and she recently moved back to Alberta from Manitoba, so I couldn't miss the chance to see her again. She is one of those friends that visiting her is just like we last saw each other yesterday, even though it's been about 5 years.
 

 
Of course, you can't just get the free pattern without looking around.  Nancy loves the old school Christmas characters and bought the panel with the idea that I could make her placemats, which I agreed to do. I also picked up 3 fat quarters of the exclusive Row-by-Row fabric, just because I loved the colour.
 
After a stop to visit my new great-niece Eloise in Calgary, I headed back through the Rockies!
 
 
It's hard to take pictures when you are the only one in the car, but I love this shot!

 
from Sugar Pine Quilts in Canmore, AB
 
My niece got married in Canmore a few years ago, so I had to stop back at Sugar Pines Quilts. This shop is known for its landscape kits of local scenery and their Row-To-Row didn't disappoint!  It shows the local mountains, the Three Sisters, and local wildlife!  I had to buy the kit (mainly because I don't want to do that intricate cutting).
 
 
Their other offerings didn't disappoint. Due to getting a layoff notice, I didn't buy as much as I would have liked, but I did get a few neutral fat quarters, some quilt labels (from the new Sweetwater line, Holly's quilt farm) and a bag of scraps for just $5.00 (approx. 1.5 metres).
 
I tried to find the quilt shop in Salmon Arm, but due to get a bulge in my tire and having to stop to get that replaced (ouch), I got all turned around and couldn't find it.  Finally I was on the road again and stopped in Kamloops at Katja's Quilt Shop.
 

I also bought this kit. The colours in the kit are a bit lighter, plus I might add my row-by-row fabric to brighten it up a bit more. 

Katje's the author of the New Hexagon, and is hosting The New Hexagon Millifiore Quilt-a-long.  I didn't realize until I got home that Katje helped me in the store.  I wish I had asked her to autograph my book. I also got 2 metres of Sweetwater's Church Cookbook fabric. 

 
So now that I am home again, I've added up my purchases. 
 
Added: 6.6 metres

Added Year to Date: 26.35 metres 
 
Used/Given away: 0 metres
 
Used/Given away Year to Date: -21.0
 
Added for 2015: 5.35
 
I'm now officially in the red for 2015, but I have plans to start knocking out the Christmas pillowcases this week and those numbers should be back in the positive soon. I also have some projects and patterns mulling in my head that I need to start working on. Remember that bliss I mentioned - I'm really being drawn in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!