Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Stash Report, Week 42


I had two big finishes this week, and I sent off some more fabric to a quilter who does charity quilts, so my "out" numbers really grew!  And I didn't add anything, so I am making some headway...finally!

Added since my last report: 0 metres
Added Year to Date: 64.1 metres 

Destashed since my last report: 19 metres

 Destashed year to Date: 46 metres
 Added for 2014: 18.1 metres
 
Total spent  YTD $294.20 = $4.59/metre

 
First up, my Celtic Solstice top got finished - finished size is 50" x 60".  Waiting for a new baby really motivated me to finish 5 blocks (including piecing about 1/3 of the units first) in just one evening.  Too bad I can't be that productive all the time.

I estimate I used about 5 metres for the top.  I used a lot of scraps and fat 8ths purchased pieces and didn't keep really good track but I think I'm close.
 
 
 
Secondly, I have started the quilting on the quilt for the new baby.  The shower is in two weeks so I should get it done.  Since I never counted the top as done, that is some more fabric out!  Another 4 metres out. 


 
Since I didn't take a picture when I finished it, this is what it will look like once I finish quilting it and adding the rickrack and applique leaves.
 
 
 

I also sent about 10 metres of fabric to a quilter who does charity quilts.  I was in a hurry so I didn't take a picture.  It sure felt good to get it out. 
 
I'm doing some fun quilting on the baby's quilt.  Today I finished the "grass".  I did "organic" lines about 1" apart (kind of like lines of mowing). 
 
 
I used my Purple Thang to eyeball where to start the next row of stitching. I measured from the top of the tool to the top of the elongated hole you see in the picture below.
 

 
I've also stitched rays of sunshine around the yellow block, and I'm about to start the swirls of wind through the blue sky! Then I will do tight swirls of wool inside the sheep.
 
 Little Mya is doing great!  After just an overnight stay, she was home Monday.  She is eating well, but has her days and nights mixed up a bit.  Every night gets a little better.  This gramma has been enjoying lots of baby snuggles this week - I am so fortunate my kids both choose to live close to me.

 
Ready to go home
 

 
A rare daytime sighting of eyes

 
Big sister is finally warming up to her sister, and helps with a top-up feeding.
 
This weekend, my ex-husband is in town to meet the new baby so today I will enjoy sewing.  We all got together for dinner last night, but I think it is good for him to have his own bonding time with all the grandkids without me around to distract them.
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Mya! Your quilt tops are wonderful. That lamb is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finishes! Love your baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!