I took an unplanned blogging break - after vowing to post for 30 days straight. I have been struggling with my depression again, and I thought by setting a goal would help motivate me - instead it seemed to "freeze" me.
I have been doing a small amount of sewing - primarily to get some much-needed baby projects done for my niece and my daughter. And now, another niece has announced her much-wanted first pregnancy. That's the third niece this year!
The only fabric added since my last report almost three months ago was project-specific, bought by my sister and right back out so I haven't counted it.
Added since my last report: 0 metres
Added Year to Date: 64.1 metres
Destashed since my last report: 3.35 metres
Destashed year to Date: 27 metres
Added for 2014: 35.75 metres
Total spent YTD $294.20 = $4.59/metre
First up, I finished this quilt for my niece's baby due in November. It's my own design, I call it "Modern Rail Fence". Once things simmer down around here, I want to develop a pattern/tutorial for it. I first wrote about it here.
I quilted it with alternating organic straight lines in pink and wavy lines in purple, which really didn't show up much but that's okay!
She also asked me to make a car seat cover - I made it rag quilt style and backed with the leftover minkee from the quilt.
I made a burp cloth with the leftovers so that I didn't add to the ever-growing scraps.
And while I was at it, I made a new car seat cover for my daughter - her baby girl is due in just a few days!
I'm almost finished her quilt top, then on to quilting it so hopefully next week, I'll have a big finish!