Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Stash Report - Week 20 and some Pattern Testing

I was overly optimistic the last time I reported in, and not spent much time in my sewing room.  I did get to work on some pillow covers for my daughter, but they aren't finished, and from her leftover fabric so they won't count.
 
So nothing added, nothing out:
 
Added this Week: 0 metres

 Added Year to Date: 64.1 metres
 
 
Destashed this Week: 0 metres

 Destashed year to Date: 22.55 metres
 Added for 2014: 41.55 metres
 
Total spent  YTD $294.20 = $4.59/metre
 
I did get to do a little pattern testing for Kristy of Quiet Play.  I think she is the queen of foundation piecing and has a huge collection of patterns on Craftsy, including Lego Star Wars figures. 
 

 
(note:  the gray is not striped, it is a Bella Solid but didn't photograph well)
 
I decided to do a little fussy cutting and cut into the last of my scraps of this:
 
 
to create this:
 
 
on the license plate!  It came from the double-decker bus and measures less than 3/16" wide finished.
 
 
I also fussy-cut swirls from a white-on-white to make the headlights!  It gave them the perfect depth.
 
 
I'll make my block into a pillow for my daughter and her husband, and incorporate the images from the scraps into it somehow.  They went to London on a delayed honeymoon a few years back, and stayed in the old Parliament buildings right next to the London Eye, so it will be a fun memory pillow for them. 
 
Yesterday, Alex and I did something new -  we visited a movie set!  A movie starring Danny Glover and Rob Lowe is being partially filmed in our town, it's working name is "Monster Trucks" so it sounded perfect for a five-year-old's field trip.
 
  
It's amazing how many people it takes to do one little car chase scene.  After we watched them set up the camera (on the left), we got shuffled back, and back, and back to the point where we couldn't see anything, so we went around the corner:
 
 
Alex loved seeing the big trucks (these were the security forces chasing the monster trucks).  The license plates were all from North Dakota, and one of the building was renamed as Anderson, so I guess our town will be representing the fictional town of Anderson, ND.
 
 
Finally, after much waiting, the monster truck blows through (that little green truck between the tree and the black truck).  Alex learned that there is a lot of waiting around, and didn't think he'd like to work in the movie industry, that is until he saw this camera car!
 
 
He thought that would be fun to drive!   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!