Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Stash Report, Week 48

No finishes this week, but progress on some Christmas projects!  Hopefully, I'll get all those done this week.  In the meantime, I have started Celtic Solstice, Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery quilt.
 
I have done the last two mysteries, which means I have pretty much used up any neutrals I had in my stash.  That meant a trip to Hamels was in order!
 
After looking around, I decided on a single fabric for my neutrals.  I choose this:
 

 
A white-on-white swirl that I found in the wide-back section - at 108" wide, I only needed to buy one metre (but I'll count it as two for my stash report).
 
 
While I was at it, I found the perfect binding in the clearance section.  I only paid $5/metre for this orange stripe (from Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille) and the orange fat quarter:
 
 
I also got a metre of the large floral from Marmalade, but missed taking a picture of it.  While I was at it, I added some fat quarters for my I-Spy stash:
 

I'll also use the yellow in Celtic Solstice.  And I've started a collection of text prints and added this to it:
 
 
And last but not least, a couple of Fat 1/8's (Aspen by Basic Grey prints) to add to some Christmas projects (sorry for the fuzzy photo, I was anxious to get started).
 
 
 
Grand total added 5.75 metres - better get cracking on getting those finishes out of the door!

 
Added since my last report: 5.75 metres

Added Year-to-Date: 206.25 metres
 
Used since last report: 0 metres
 
Used Year-to-Date: 87 metres
 
Net used/Added for 2013: 119.25 metres
 
Next year, I'm going on a fabric diet! 

For more stash reports, be sure to visit Judy's blog at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. What pretty additions! Hoping to start cutting for Celtic Solstice sometime tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great selection of fabrics, most already have a home. Never can have too much I Spy fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely white on white fabric. I'm not on a fibre diet, I'm on a "fast". I have not bought fabric or yarn for more than six months. That doesn't mean that fibre goodies have not turned up here -- people still give me their unwanted yarn or fabric; and I still occasionally go through my quilting group's cupboard to see if there's anything I can use there (particularly for sashings, borders and bindings).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!