Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Stash Report, Week 31 and Christmas Sewing Plans

 
Each week, I say I am not going to buy more fabric unless it is for a specific project and each week, it seems I fail miserably.  This week is no exception.
 

 
Pink Castle Fabrics was offering "Golden Tickets" with purchase to a limited number of customers, and prizes ranged from $5 to a year's worth of Stash Club fabrics.  I have coveted Lizzy House's Pearl Bracelets for a while now, so I splurged!  I also got some text prints.
 
I also went to my local shop, Hamels, on Super Saturday (20% off all regular priced fabrics, actually goes from Friday through to Monday night online this month) and picked up some more blacks-on-white for the never-ending quilt project, Easy Street.  I picked up Block 7 of Family Reunion, which has been on hold forever... thank goodness they are patient.  A few fat 1/8's and a fat quarter for my hexies rounded out the fun!
 
Added this week: 7.5 metres

Added Year-to-Date: 153 metres
 
Used since last report: 0 metres
 
Used Year-to-Date: 29.5 metres
 
Net used/Added for 2013: 123.5 metres


Lookee, lookee - I won $25 free fabric from Pink Castle!  Now I can add a bit more fun to my stash.
 

 
Now seriously, no more fabric until I plan out what my Christmas sewing is going to look like!
 
Bonus for me - this is a long weekend so I have an extra day to play.  But...my kids and grandkids have gone to New Brunswick to visit their dad (only the second time in 22 years they have seen him), so I am a little lonely.  That must be why I had to splurge (my excuse and i'm sticking to it).

3 comments:

  1. Fabric therapy is always good to heal what ails you. I like your color/pattern choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice selection of fabric. Sewing always takes my mind off of troubles and being alone. I know you will make some lovely items with your new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new fabrics. I know what you mean about not buying new until you've used up some of what you have, but the pearl bracelets are so sweet. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!