Wednesday, July 31, 2024

UFO Challenge 2024

I've a very difficult year which I'm not ready to share, but part of my recovery is rediscovering what I love. I've made a list of what I have done in the past and would like to continue doing. As I move forward, this blog is going to be documenting everything, not just quilting. I am going to continue with:

  • quilting
  • scrapbooking (both paper and digital)
  • cardmaking
  • cross-stitch
  • embroidery
  • crochet
  • walking
  • reading for fun
Eventually, I would like to learn (but not until I am retired - later this year or next spring):

  • better photography
  • how to make art journals, planner art and mixed media
  • watercolour painting

Thanks to Jo Kramer of Jo's Country Junction, I've been inspired to create a UFO challenge for my quilting projects that I want to get done over the next year. I may end up doing this for my other interests, but no pressure right now. It will take me time to add to list, but #1 on my quilting list is to finish a quilt I call Flower Girl.

It's an older Thimble Blossoms pattern (still available on their website


and I am using Maureen McCormick's fabric line called A Blooming Bunch (with a little bit of her newer line, Flower Power)




Moda Fabrics approached her about creating quilting cottons inspired by the funky vibe of her 1970s stint as Marcia Brady, which also represents my teen years. Both the pattern and the fabric remind of my lime-green bedroom and floral bedspread of that time in my life! I'm going to make it larger than the pattern cover so I can use in the summer on my queen size bed. 

I'm adding a tab to my home page and I'm going to make my list of 12 UFOs to complete in 2024/2025 there over the next few days.

Thanks for being here!  Terri in BC


2 comments:

  1. Hi Terri, sorry to hear of your difficulties, hope things get better soon. That is a very pretty quilt and lovely fabrics. I too have a UFO list, and am trying to slowly work through it, but it might take a long time! Cheers, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen, for your kind words. As you can tell, I still haven't updated my other UFOs, but by making this post it motivated me to finish the blocks and assemble them with sashing. Now to add the borders! Good luck on your UFO list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!