Tuesday, January 2, 2018

18 things in 2018


I find that if I have accountability check in times, I'm more likely to get something done.

In the spirit of 2018, here are 18 things I want to do this year, not all quilting related:

#1 - Focus on my health. I need to lose about 60 lbs, and tone up, as well as deal better with my depression issues. As I approach the dreaded 60, I realize that now is the time to get in shape so I can have a healthy retirement.

#2 - Declutter. A couple of years ago, I split my house into a quasi-up-and-down duplex, and lost 1000 sq. ft of storage (but gained my daughter, son-in-law and grandson in the suite!). I'm still eliminating what I don't need and trying to find suitable storage for what is left. This year I want to get it done. 

#3 - Finish 12 quilting projects. I have so many UFOS, I declare 2018 the year of the finish. I've already packaged up several quilts to go the long-arm quilter. 

#4 - Say no more often. I pledge not to join any new QAL, BOM, or challenges this coming year and instead finish the ones I've started. 

#5 - Empty the overflowing scrap bin. I use Bonnie Hunter's Scrap-User's system but need to get cracking on the stack of fabric that didn't get done this year.

#6 - Learn something new. This year I'm going to learn how to quilt with rulers. I bought a starter kit last year, but never got around to using it. This is the year!

#7 - Use my planner. Last year I discovered the Passion Planner, and it works well for me (when I remember to use it). This year, I hope to manage to use it more regularly.

#8 - Come up with a Word of the Year. In the past I have chosen Joy, Nuture, Focus. I need something that combines all of those!

#9 - Stay current with my scrapbooking - starting with yesterday's walk!

#10 - Do more scrapbooking of my backlog of pictures (use up all my pre-designed pages).

#11 - Complete one Christmas project every month. 

#12 - Plan a trip to somewhere warm.

#13 - Spend more time with family (sometimes I have a habit of cocooning myself).

#14 - Rekindle some old friendships.

#15 - Pay off all non-mortgage debt.

#16 - Deal with the paper dragon. I struggle with organizing paper - this year I have to come up with a better solution (research digitizing and organizing)

#17 - Start researching new vehicles. It's time to retire the Bug after almost 15 years of ownership.

#18 - Complete the decorating of the main living area (after the big declutter).



3 comments:

  1. A great list for 2018! I lost 50 lbs last year, it's amazing what a difference that makes in the rest of your life. I started with small changes to my diet and exercise habits, and only made changes I was willing to live with long term. Good luck with all your ambitions for 2018.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!