Sunday, January 3, 2016

Slow Stitching

Have you ever heard of the term "Slow Stitching"? I'm not where it originated but Kathy in Ontario has been hosting a Linky Party called Slow Sunday Stitching since 2012 celebrated the art of handwork. I've always got a bit of embroidery on the go, sometimes cross-stitch and now some "big-stitch" hand quilting, so I'm finally going to join along.



I tend not to slow stitch on Sundays, though, as that is usually a day I can spend at the machine. Instead I stitch in the evenings when I'm watching TV, so I'll use the report to show what I worked on in the previous week.  I get more done when I "have to report", but I know the only person I'm being accountable to is me!

Last night, I  finished what stitching I could get done before assembling my new tote bag:


This is my own design, made with Moda's Honeycomb pre-cuts.  I hope what I vision works out!

Linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching!  Come join the fun!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome! We are glad to have you join in!
    I love the red stitches you are making... they add lovely texture to your bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I've been following along for a while now, but this year I am serious about clearing out those UFOs.

      Delete
  2. Welcome! I love your big stitching on your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy's Slow Sunday Stitching is a great weekly goal. I do not make the weekly goal as often that I like, but it is fun to see what everyone is working on. I like your bright prints and red stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you here. I'm intrigued about the bag you're going to make.

    ReplyDelete