Wednesday, August 2, 2023

UFO's, WIPs and more!

 Now that my quilts are off to be quilted by cheque (long-arm), I went looking for another project to work on. Boy, did that open a can of worms. Be prepared for a weird wandering look into my mind,

I had a kit (actually 2) that needed cutting before I could start it. I ended up with two at my house because my quilting buddy bought one as well.  We were there when the person cutting them realised she had made a mistake, so we ended up with some extra fabric with careful cutting - which was my job since I "can math". 


I ended up with 2 full quilts cut out, and 3 - 6" x 22" strips of each colour leftover, plus trimmings.


My pretty box of pieces, ready for sewing. I put the cut pieces and leftover strips in separate baggies, but I'm keeping everything together in the event I made a mistake!


I set aside the included background fabric as it was too yellowish for both of us, and starting cutting into my remaining Snow (by Bella) fabric. While I was at it, I decided to cut the triangle pieces for my Flower girl quilt. Most of the blocks are already cut out, but I couldn't move forward without the triangles.


Of course, I ran out! I've ordered a new bolt (praying that it will be close, or else I'm starting over...more pieces for the scrap box).


I started playing with the trimmings, and decided on this layout.


But then, I would need more of that background fabric so it got put aside as well.

Have you lost count yet? That's now 3 WIPs (works-in-process) that have now become UFOs (unfinished objects). My brain says, well I know I have more UFOs so why don't I go back to my list and see where I am at. And, here comes the can of worms: I haven't updated my list since 2016.

I know I have finished some things on that list, so let's update it! While I'm at it, I'll check and see what else I have to add, including projects that never made the list but are now finished.

Back in 2016, I had 46 projects on that list - I know, atrocious, right? Well, brace yourself. There are 4 finishes from the UFO list, 3 spy quilts that weren't on the list, and the last two quilts that never made it on it.  So far, I 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!