I'm baaaaack! Since it was Sunday, and I posted early, I thought I would add today's accomplishment!
Tetris - Blocks put together and ready for borders!
The design is by Melissa of Happy Quilting. Her version was made with 5-inch squares, but I decided to use what I had on hand from my charm packs, and made mine with 2 1/2 inch squares. It measures 24 1/2" x 36 1/2" right now, and it is the perfect size for a playpen or stroller. It will make a great baby boy quilt for any upcoming babies, or I can use it here at the house for the grandbabies.
This one didn't actually make the UFO list, but because it was covering my ironing board, I decided to finish it rather than put it aside. I'm going to put a black border on it, perhaps two but I'm decided. I'll let it percolate a bit. It will now go on the list - hopefully temporarily.
I pulled another UFO out, Vintage Valentine.
I started this project about 4 years ago, and started doing the machine applique but I didn't like it. After a good look at it today, I realized it was because I didn't like the buttonhole stitch I was using and the delicacy of the design needed a fine satin stitch instead.
It's really obvious in this block and it was at this point when I put it aside. I have done the red and pink on three blocks at this point, so I brought it upstairs to 'frog' out the old.
While I was digging around, I found another UFO that never made it past the 'buy the fabric' stage. The fabric is an old Debbie Mumm line, Noah's Ark. I envisoned a nice crib quilt for a boy but could never settle on a design. I think there is enough fabric to make two, including backings! I going to choose a Bonnie Hunter pattern, like Princess Crown or something similar and use it as a Leader & Ender project after I finish the Thangles quilt.
Thanks again, Leah, for giving me the push I need to get some of this fabric out of here!